Contact InformationContact Bobbie-Jo Porter
: Alberta & Saskatchewan, Canada
More InformationWe are currently recruiting for a Unit Manager, who is responsible for the daily management and coordination of all assigned Units to ensure that all company goals and objectives are met.
• Provide direct supervision, training, mentoring, delegation of work and guidance to all barn technician’s
• Provide required administrative duties, including work schedules, documentation, payroll timesheets, evaluations, etc.
• Understand OH&S regulations associated with the Unit and endorse and monitor the use of personal protective equipment, safe work procedures
• Understanding of industry programs such as CQA,ACA,TQA and ensuring units/employees maintain their certification
• Understanding of the Company’s standardized production processes and ensuring processes are followed
• Coordinate maintenance in and outside of barn, including manure management, ventilation, feed systems, penning/slats, and general building maintenance
• Coordinate yard upkeep and snow removal policies
• Ensure incidents at unit are documented and reported
• Respond to alarm call-outs and emergencies at the unit
• Order supplies as required
• Attend scheduled production meetings in Humboldt, SK, when requested
• Delivery of training programs & conducting staff performance reviews
• Ensuring that the production process is cost effective.
• Ensuring that products and services are of high quality & work with other departments for quality controls
• Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed
• Responsible to act safely in performing job duties at all times and reporting safety concerns
• Other duties as required
• Certificate/Diploma in Animal Science or Veterinary Technology preferred; CQA, TQA Certified
• 5 years’ experience in a hog barn preferred
• Strong leadership, personnel management and motivational skills
• Adaptability & good time management and the ability to hold effective meetings
• The ability to understand and analyze physical and financial records
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic Computer skills with experience in Excel, Word programs
This Ad has been viewed 28 times.