Contact InformationContact Bobbie-Jo Porter
: Falher, Alberta, Canada
More InformationWe are currently looking for a Pork Production Technician to join our team near Falher, AB. If you love to work with animals (especially pigs), recognize the importance of teamwork and believe in doing the job right the first time, the Production Technician position may be for you!
General Responsibilities include:
• Working in all areas of the barn & ensure proper handling of stock
• Carry out all Company programs to ensure production targets are met
• Carry out feeding routine for pigs and perform routine service on feed equipment
• Provide water for animals and perform routine maintenance on water drinkers
• Handle and administer medications and vaccines according to Med. Usage Plans (or prescriptions)
• Monitor pig health, recognize signs of disorder and report concerns
• Ensure the Unit’s biosecurity protocol and Animal Welfare Codes of Practice is followed by all staff and visitors
• Operate a high pressure washer and ensure cleanliness and sanitation standards for the Unit are met
• Follow safe manure management procedure when cleaning out manure pits
• Monitor and maintain proper ventilation and temperatures using automated control system
• Ensure accurate records are kept and submitted in a timely fashion to head office
• Responsible to act safely in performing job duties at all times
• Reporting safety concerns to the safety representative and/or Unit Manager.
• Other duties as required
This Ad has been viewed 16 times.