Contact InformationContact Mark Ferguson
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
More InformationSask Pork is a non-profit producer-led organization representing all Saskatchewan hog producers. Our mission is to provide leadership for producers and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the Saskatchewan pork industry’s continued environmental, social and economic sustainability. Our office is located in Saskatoon.
We are seeking an energetic individual with a passion for agriculture and knowledge of hog production to join our dedicated team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Policy Analyst is primarily responsible for research, analysis, and program development focused on growth and competitiveness in the Saskatchewan hog sector.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop, track, monitor, and report on statistics and trends of importance to the Saskatchewan and Canadian pork industry, including developing industry cost of production and pricing benchmarks;
• Review, analyze, and make recommendations with respect to improvement of government legislation, regulations, policies, and programs that impact hog production in Saskatchewan;
• Work directly with current and prospective hog producers to develop appropriate business plans.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with academia, government, and other organizations involved in agricultural policy and program development;
• Writing articles for publication in industry periodicals and newsletters as required;
• Review and evaluate swine research proposals and contribute to the preparation of grant applications for industry initiatives and projects;
• Other related duties as required. Some travel necessary.
• Post-secondary degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness, or a related field; Relevant advanced post-graduate education (MSc. or MBA) is preferred.
• Professional Agrologist (P.Ag) designation or eligibility for articling to obtain the designation.
• Minimum five (5) year’s work experience in a similar role.
• Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Sask Pork offers competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Please send resume with a cover letter by email no later than Friday, February 28, 2020 to:
2 – 502 45th Street West, Saskatoon, SK
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in this position.
This Ad has been viewed 57 times.