Alberta Open Farm Days is about farmers and ranchers inviting their urban and rural neighbors to stop in for a visit to share stories, see demonstrations, and learn more about the farmers who grow their food.
Now in its seventh year, Alberta Open Farm Days returns on August 17-18, 2019 as an important ag-tourism event that helps visitors experience and understand where their food comes from. In 2018, a record number of participating farms, ranches and visitors set a new high for on-farm sales.
Some of Alberta’s pork producers will be participating, including:
- Armstrong Acres, near Hythe, northwest of Grande Prairie (both days, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Cloverleaf Colony, near Delia, northeast of Drumheller (Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Eh Farms, near Strathmore, east of Calgary (Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Harden Garden, near Edgerton, southwest of Lloydminster (both days, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Redtail Farms, near Castor, east of Red Deer (Saturday, Noon to 1 p.m.)
- Serben Farms, near Smoky Lake, northeast of Edmonton (both days, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Spragg Farms, near Rosemary, southeast of Calgary (both days, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Stonepost Farms, near Wildwood, west of Edmonton (both days, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- TK Ranch, near Strathmore, east of Calgary (both days)
Be sure to stop by to meet your rural neighbours and learn more about pork production!