Farms, ag-tourism operators and culinary events across the province are opening their gates to visitors on August 18 and 19.
Now in its sixth year, Alberta Open Farm Days returns as an important ag-tourism event that helps visitors experience and understand where their food comes from. More than 110 host sites and culinary events across Alberta are ready to showcase the province’s fast-growing rural tourism sector and everything farm life has to offer.
“Alberta has some of the best farmers and food producers in the world,” says Oneil Carlier, Alberta Minister of Agriculture and Forestry. “Open Farm Days is a great opportunity for Albertans to support this industry and meet the people who put food on their tables. A strong local food industry creates jobs and connects communities.”
Some of Alberta’s pork producers will also be participating, including:
- Broek Pork Acres, near Coalhurst, northwest of Lethbridge
- Cloverleaf Colony, near Delia, northeast of Drumheller
- Honest Meat Co., near Caroline, southwest of Red Deer
- Livelifelivery Farm, near Mossleigh, southeast of Calgary
- Stonepost Farms, near Wildwood, west of Edmonton
- TK Ranch, near Strathmore, east of Calgary