FEAP is a combination of two discontinued Growing Forward II programs: On-Farm Energy Management Program and the Accelerating Agricultural Innovation Program. The Farm Energy and Agri-Processing Program shares costs with the agriculture and agri-processing sector on energy efficiency investments. The program is designed to encourage energy management which will result in cost savings, energy conservation, and ultimately, reduced greenhouse gas emissions. Financial support is available for Applicants who incorporate high-efficiency equipment in their construction and/or retrofitting projects.
More information on FEAP can be found at www.agriculture.alberta.ca/feap
What producers need to know:
- This program is RETROACTIVE to April 2016
- Applicants with eligible receipts dated April 2016 and later can apply
- Retroactive projects are subject to current eligibility criteria
- 50% cost share on most items
- $250,000 maximum grant per Applicant per year
- Funding Timeline is from now to Feb 2020
For more Information on this program, or for assistance with your application, producers should contact Sara Parton at 780-491-3525 or Charlotte Shipp at 780-491-3528.
Photo by United Soybean Board.